Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring is in the Air!

With Spring comes new life - change of season's.  Here in Southern California we have had summer year round it seams (I'm not complaining) & very little rain this past year.  The last few days it has been in the low 90's. So with that we may have to be more conscience than ever of our water resources here. Two years ago I planted a drought tolerant plant called Pride of Madeira (Echium Candicans - I only know that because Fats (my husband) owns a landscape co) which I thought would stay small.  No way, it is taller than me! Guess I have my mother & grandmother's green thumb.





Great for butterflies & bee's


Speaking of new life I have had this wreath for year's that I got at Home Depot during a Christmas holiday. So I decided to decorate it for every holiday year after year - Valentines 
Day it had hearts & festive ribbon and now it has spring ribbon & a vintage Easter postcard.
Yesterday we noticed a birds nest in the wreath with three little blue eggs. How special is that - new life.  Speaking of new life - it's time to open that can of paint and bring new life to a vintage piece. Old things are passed away and new life has begun - Toodles!




~Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment