Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Ugly Duckling Bureau

I'm always on the lookout for vintage pieces that I can refresh.  I know when local thrift store's offer the Tuesday discounts, Thursday discounts or even the senior discounts. Yes, yes I'm in that 55 & younger crowd.; so now you know.  On one of Fats and my weekend jaunts to the beach, specifically Ventura - I came across a dresser bureau that I couldn't resist. It was in the back room of a favorite thrift store in the one main drag town of Santa Paula.  It was that piece I saw with potential, screaming make me pretty again.

                                                       
                                               THE UGLY DUCKLING

What I love about this piece is how large the bottom drawers are; she was a beauty in her day.  The detail around the top drawers and the great hardware.  I'm always on the lookout for the hardware.  The veneer was well worn on the top back and on the sides & a part of the scalloping on the top drawer was missing - those are easy fixes. But the best part of all, the price.  It was marked $79.00 but with it being Sunday and with the discount, I picked it up for $39.00.  I painted her with Annie Sloan chalk paint in Old White & French Linen.  So take a look at the beautiful swan & remember not pass up those ugly ducklings.  Toodles!


                                            THE BEAUTIFUL SWAN


 
                                                               ~Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment