Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Let's Paint

Since I started chalk painting I've only used Annie Sloan chalk paint which by the way I love!  It is easy (although it can be a bit pricey), all you have to do is shake & paint.   It covers over practically anything without sanding or prepping.  So lately I decided to give a couple of other paint lines a whirl.  I used American Paint's wonderful color called Shoreline on a sweet little rocker; love their paint.  Next I tried the infamous Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint - range of colors are great but I wasn't satisfied with my 1st attempt to my beautiful library table.  I used French Enamel but it was too coastal blue for my taste.  I then added Ironstone to the French Enamel, still not satisfied.   All I can say is that it is a work in progress - I will post my finished piece and let you know what I think of MMS overall.  Toodles!




Sweet little rock in American Paint - Shoreline

~


                                                  Before   -    Library table


In Process



Come back to view the finished piece ~ Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment