Thursday, July 7, 2016

Modern Farmhouse Style

I know it's been a little, no long time since I posted. Call it busy, busy painting custom orders, finding just the right vintage pieces, just life in general. Anyway I wanted to do a post on the farmhouse style. All the rage is the modern farmhouse style or farmhouse style or just called it the Joanne Gaines style. Call it what you will, I love it!  I have a Pinterest board (I have many boards) that is all about architecture on farmhouse style and on on interior farmhouse style. Hope these pics inspire you all to dream - big or small!



                                            Modern classic farmhouse style - perfect!



                                I love the white batten board with metal roof.  I bet it's dreamy
                                       lying in bed listening to the rain on this roof.



                                Another metal roof with windows at the roof line to add light.
                                  Check out the screened porch, perfect on a summer night.


                                                     Let's move inside.
                                   


                         I love the open concept living-dining- kitchen combination. The beams,
              marble island, wood floors, high ceiling, fireplace, barn light but oh my! Those
                                             steel window & doors, a must!





                                                          Those steel doors again!


                                                And oh give me a small breakfast area,


                                   
                                                      Oh & don't forget a foyer


                                                      Or maybe one with a little color
                                   


                                       But no matter if you like or love or don't like or love
                                  the farmhouse style - just remember you still need a place
                                      to lay your head and dream a little dream!  ~ Toodles

                                       



                                                     PS - I forgot, shiplap, shiplap!








No comments:

Post a Comment