Monday, July 13, 2015

She's Gorgeous!



I knew this vintage buffet was a winner and looker in her day. 
Very heavy solid oak desperately screaming "make me pretty". 


                   Perfectly vintage, great bones, perfect drawers, felt lined top 2 drawers, awesome                                                         hardware. What more could I want?



         The hardest part was deciding on a color & interior paper liner. It was obvious I was keeping                    the harware. If you have read my previous blogs, I'm a sucker for hardware. Gets me                                         every time and this one had the original vintage hardware.
                       The original locking key was long gone & a bottom handle, but thats ok.


                          Stripped down to her bare bones, feeling a little naked it think.

                               

                                   Never underestimate what a little color can do to an old piece.
                                      This color is called Basil - Milk Paint by General Finishes,
                                               I love their products, did I say Love!


       A little distressing, top coat and of course my whimsical paper.


All dressed up - Toodles, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment